1. Do we use quarter and half stitches? No, we only use full stitches for all of our designs. Our designs are so detailed that they do not require back-stitching or other specialty stitches.
2. What brand of floss do we use? We only use DMC floss, but you are welcome to use the floss of your choice with the help of a conversion chart featured on our site.
3. Why do we use so many colors in our patterns? We use an abundance of colors in our patterns to get them to look as realistic from the source as possible. The more colors used, the clearer and more vibrant the patterns look. The less colors used, the more washed out the patterns look without detail. We strive to achieve original quality patterns.
4. Learn to Cross Stitch. You can go to "How to Cross Stitch" on our website and watch the videos that are embedded there. Also, there is a great e-book called "Cross Stitch Made Easy" by Janice Applegate.
5. What type of frame should I use? Click on this link to an article I wrote entitled. "Choosing a Suitable Cross Stitch Frame"
6. Where do I start on the Aida cloth? Click on this link to an article I wrote entitled. "Where to Start a Large Cross Stitch Pattern"
7. How do I stitch the image without the background? You can go to this link and read this handy tip called "Stitching an Image without a Background."
8. How is the Parking Method performed? Click on this link to an article I wrote entitled. "The Parking Method in Cross Stitch"
9. How should I store my floss? Click on this link to an article I wrote entitled. "How to Organize Cross Stitch-Embroidery Floss-Easy Storage Solutions"
10. Should I use glass or a non-glass material for framing of my project? Click on this link to an article I wrote entitled. "How to Frame Cross Stitch Projects | Glass or No Glass?"